2008. február 8., péntek

New plan

Hey all!
I went to check out Caissa Chess Shop on tuesday, that place is full of books! I didn't get the Ivassenko books, because 1. They didn't have it on stock 2. The guy (Dr. Tamás Erdélyi) who owns the company recommended their own Tactics book (not very surprising eh?) Chess Tactics for Advanced player, saying that the Ivassenko book is too basic for someone my age. 3. Their book only costs half of what the Ivassenko book would cost.
So the plan now is to work with Chess Tactics for Beginners (same company) that I got from the library until I can do it in one sitting, then I'll move on to Chess Tactics for Advanced Players and do that in a circles like program. After that I'll move on to the Pongó series. In the meantime I'll go over the Morphy book(let), which is absolutely awesome! Before each game there is a diagram from that game and you have to guess the move that Morphy made. It also fits in your pocket, soits probably good for school use. I'm going to start my endgame studies with Portisch-Sárközy:600 Endgames.
Oh yeah Im going to actually play some chess.

P.S. : Did anybody see Super Bowl XLII? Greatest Superbowl ever, IMHO (Warning: Sample size is very small) .

2 megjegyzés:

Glenn Wilson írta...

Are you talking about this book or something else?

The book I linked to is one of my all time favorites.

Miki írta...

Nope, same title but different author (who was 3 time Hungarian champion) .I have heard about the Averbakh book, it is way beyond my level though.